Summary – Here’s a list of the best things you can do during Kanchenjunga Base Camp trek.
The Himalayan country of Nepal is gaining a trekking fandom with each coming year. Did you know that Nepal hosts about 70% of the entire mighty Himalayan mountain ranges. The Himalayan mountain ranges host so many trails for her trekking enthusiasts and the crowd. We have heard mentions about the Himalayan mountain ranges in so many art forms related to mankind. We have witnessed her in stories, poems, films, music, paintings, and cinema. The Himalayas have truly served as the muse and source of inspiration to plenty of inspiration seeking people.
About 70000+ trekking enthusiasts flock to Nepal each year at different times of the year. These humungous amounts of tourists are handled by 1800+ trekking and travel companies based in Nepal. These companies are responsible for a safe and adventurous trekking and adventure activities conducted in Nepal. Trekking in Nepal is a class of trekking experience on its own. 20% of the Himalayas are also hosted by India and trekking in India is another experience in trekking. The difference in the two experiences comes from the variation in the huge number of mountain tribes in Nepal and India that is residing in these mountainous regions.
One of the most famous treks of Nepal is the Kanchenjunga base camp trek. You can scale this trail both from India as well as Nepal. Both are equally tranquil and interesting in their own ways. But here’s a list of the things to do in the Kanchenjunga base camp trek.
A trek to the base camp of Kanchenjunga takes about 12-13 days, in these few days you will have witnessed hundreds of vistas that the trail offers with each step. The Kanchenjunga is the highest peak of India. The K2 was discovered much later. Kanchenjunga has a set of 5 total peaks that form the entire Kanchenjunga region. These are:
- Kanchenjunga main standing at about 8586 meters.
- Kanchenjunga west also known as the Yalung Kang standing at about 8505 meters.
- Kanchenjunga central standing at about 8482 meters.
- Kanchenjunga south standing at about 8494 meters and the
- Kangbachen standing at about 7903 meters.
During the Kanchenjunga base camp trek be sure to:
- Visit the tribes: There are about 200-300 major different tribes that inhabit the Kanchenjunga region on both sides of India and Nepal. While on this trek be sure to visit and witness the ways of livelihood in these sustainably existing communities of the Himalayas.
- Try the various local cuisines: Even though the anatomy of the food eaten by the people is similar to each other, there are so many local delicacies that are true to the tribes. Be sure to taste the different techniques of cooking and of curing foods used by these communities. The trekking expedition is truly an anthropologists’ delight.
- The awe striking views of 3 major mountains: The trekking trail leads you through amazing sceneries of three major mountain peaks of this region, they are, the mount Kanchenjunga standing at 8586 meters, the mount Pandim standing at 6691 meters and the mount Kokthang standing at a height of 6148 meters. The aesthetics to this trail are majestic and one has to truly walk this trail to witness these panoramas.
- Don’t forget to catch the sunsets and sunrises: In tourists spots that are famous for sunsets and sunrise viewings, people gathered there in huge numbers, cheer with their voices as their emotions and existence rises with the sun from the back of these humongous peaks. It is often a happy occasion at these viewpoints and people are singing with joy and the sun warming up their hearts and body. During the trail do not forget to witness these marvelous sunrises and sunsets from some of the world’s tallest peaks.
Sunsets sunrises, festivals, foods, techniques and processes of a sustainable lifestyle, some of the tallest peaks in the world, varied cultures and their everyday struggle as they live miles away from convenient spaces, the rich flora and fauna living in the alpine forests of the Kanchenjunga mountains; be sure to witness all these in the beautiful trek of the Annapurna base camp region of the mighty Himalayan mountain ranges. You have to take the trip to really understand how amazing an adventure this trek has to offer.