Delicious Frosted Chocolate Fudge Cake Recipe.
Serves 6-8 people
- 115g /4oz plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 175g/ 6oz/3/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
- 200g/7oz/ generous 1 cup light muscovado sugar
- 5ml/ 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 150ml / ¼ pint/2/3 cup Greek-style yogurt
- 150g / 5oz/1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- icing sugar and chocolate curls, to decorate
FOR THE FROSTING
- 115g /4 oz plain dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 50g 2oz/ ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 350g/ 12oz/ 2 ¼ cups icing sugar
- 90m1/ 6 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease two 20 cm/8 in round sandwich cake tins and line the base of each with non-stick baking paper. Melt the chocolate.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla essence, then gradually add the beaten eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the melted plain chocolate and yogurt evenly. Fold in the flour with a metal spoon.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cakes are firm to the touch. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Make the frosting. Melt the chocolate and butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the icing sugar and yogurt. Mix with a rubber spatula until smooth, then beat until the frosting begins to cool and thicken slightly. Use about a third of the mixture tosandwich the cakes together.
- Working quickly, spread the remainder over the top and sides. Sprinkle with icing sugar and decorate with chocolate curls.