Xbox One is the eighth generation advanced home video game consoles which are designed and developed by the Microsoft. Especially, it is launched for those who are loved to play video games. However, Xbox One lets users install the games and applications directly on your console. Though installing or downloading games on the hard drive has various advantages, and it will also allow users to launch the game much faster than before.
We all know very well that any good thing is not always perfect, same as Xbox One. Recently, few people stated that the installation processes stopped on their Xbox One. There are various causes of this error installation stopped. This is one of the most errors of the Xbox One Controller. Sometimes, your saved game file get damaged or corrupted and cause this error. Underneath, we will discuss how to troubleshoot it without the occurrence of any unnecessary error. We provide you with few best and effective methods to fix this error.
Steps to Fix Xbox One “Installation Stopped” Error
Before proceeding with the instruction, we recommend you to follow the instruction in the given sequence to avoid trouble and damages, doing this will help you in saving the time and takes fewer efforts. To do this, follow the steps.
Method-1: Clear All Saved Games and Re-install the Game
Several users have reported that the installation process stops due to various other reasons, therefore, preventing all games from being installed. Generally, this issue can happen due to the saved games, and to troubleshoot the issue; you need to delete them from your console permanently. To clear all saved file by following the simple steps. The steps are as follows:
- Firstly, ensures that there is no any disc appears in the disc tray.
- Now, scrolling the Home Screen to the left open the ‘Guide’ option.
- Choose ‘Settings’ option.
- Inside the ‘Settings’ tab, choose “All Settings” option.
- After that, select ‘System’ option and then choose the ‘Storage’ option.
- Then, pick ‘Clear local Saved Games’ option.
- Next, Select ‘Yes’ option to confirm it.
- Finally, reboot the console to save all the changes.
- Once completed, check and try to re-install the game again.
Method-2: Confirm that you’ve Enough Storage Space
In order to install the Xbox One, you need lots of hard drive space as it has pretty large files. Many times these types of problems occur because you don’t have enough space to install a specific game in your hard drive. Generally, when you have low storage on the hard drive, you will receive an alert message, but because of some reason you missed these notifications, you can check it by following the few steps.
- Click on the ‘Xbox’ button on your Xbox controller.
- Next, navigate to the ‘Notifications’ section.
- Once verify that if there are any notifications related to the low hard drive space.
- If any message persists, add an external hard drive and install games to it or you can easily free up some space by deleting unnecessary apps or games on your internal drive.
John Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup
Source - XBOX