Power inductors are passive components comprising of a conductive wire tightly coiled around them to create a magnetic field to store energy. A high current power inductor can also help filter EMI interference, minimize signal loss, and maintain a proper current flow. These attributes together make the high current power inductor an excellent choice for a circuit with varying voltage.
Can’t decide which inductor is best for you?
It is as simple as that. All you need to do is find a renowned high current power inductor supplier in the USA or continues to read this blog to get some more important detail or information that can be helpful in making a decision. From types of inductor most popular to some crucial aspects setting up power inductor, an effort has been made to look at what can help you select the inductor best for you.
As you already know power inductors are important components that largely affect the performance of your DC-DC converter.
The inductors (coils)j work to transmit direct current smoothly, and if the current varies, they will generate electromotive force which obstruct those fluctuations. This process of preventing power variation is called self-induction. In case of alternating current, the power inductors can stop transmission to the point where it can appears at higher frequencies.
Put simply, an inductor works as power storage and release the power when the current is interrupted. Power inductors are essential elements of power supply circuits used for equipment such as DC- DC converters.
There are several versions of high current power inductors such as:
- high current shielded power inductor
- high current smd power inductors
- high current high frequency power inductors
You can get more details about these high power inductors online or it is better to find a local high power inductors supplier and visit them or ask them to provide you details about the types of high power inductors they offer along pricing.
No matter what version you go for, there are some points crucial to keep in mind when looking to buy power inductors for you.
- Magnetic cores of power inductors which are divided into two categories: ferrite and metal based production their methods. The ferrite has a high μ value and high inductance, while metallic magnetic cores have excellent saturation magnetic flux density, making them well-suited to larger currents.
- Copper loss and iron loss, which are caused due to windings and core materials respectively. This loss has impact on the performance. One of the ways to improve the efficiency is choosing core materials which have low core loss even in high frequency regions.
In short, when it comes to selecting high power inductors, keep in mind the equipment you need inductor for and make sure there are features that help keep the equipment working efficiently.