If you wish to use Microsoft’s various services like games, emails, cloud storage etc., you have to create a Microsoft account. In case if you’re handling a Windows phone, you will also have to create a Microsoft account to log into it. Making a Microsoft account is pretty easy and here’s how you can create it in various ways.
By going to Microsoft Sign-up page
1. Visit Microsoft sign-up page – Launch any web browser on your computer and enter “signup.live.com” on the address bar.
2. Press on “Sign up now” – This option you’ll find on the right side of your sign-up page. You will go the form where you have to enter your details for the account.
3. Write a full name and then choose a username – First, it demands your first and last name, and then for a username. If you got a Gmail or Yahoo account, you could avail that as your username for the Microsoft sign-in.
4. Generate your passcode- You have to make your password at least 8 characters long, and it should contain an uppercase letter, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. Now re-enter the password you created.
5. Fill in your country, birthdate and gender details – This fields you’ll see in drop-down options.Press the down arrow to the right of the text boxes and choose the country, date and gender.
6. Confirm your given information – Choose your country code from the drop-down option below Gender and type your phone number in the box below that. You will get a text confirmation code or an audio call to identify that you’re a real person and not a bot.
7. Press “Create Account” at the lower side – By clicking on it will create your Microsoft account, but before that, you must confirm the email id you entered. Now open the email sent to the email address you registered as username and press the link there to confirm. By now your account should have created and verified.
On a Windows Phone
1. Launch your Xbox Game screen
2. Swipe your screen to the left – You’ll have two options there “Join Xbox or sign in” and “Can’t see your account?”
3. Start creating your account – Press on “Join Xbox or sign in” and you need an account to sign in and then at the lower part of the message select “Sign in”. The next message asks you to sign in or create an account. Hit “Create one” to proceed.
4. Enter the email ID you desire for your Microsoft account and once you’re done, press “Next” at the lower to proceed.
5. Now enter a password and then re-enter in the second field to confirm, and hit “Next” at the lower part to proceed.
6. Type your alternative email ID – An alternative email ID will be used for recovery purposes.
7. Include your birthdate – You have to press “Choose date” below the alternative email id box and then enter the month, date and year.
8. Write your postcode – You have to press it on the Postal code to enter it and once you’re done, press “Next” to proceed. The Windows phone will now start creating your account.
9. Back up your phone – This is an alternate option you will be asked whether you want to back up the data of your phone onto your Microsoft account. Press “Yes” if you wish to back up your phone data or click on “Not now”.
David Smith is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2002. As a technical expert, David Smith has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.