Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing software application that can be used to create a variety of publications. It is an entry-level graphics program included in some version of Microsoft office. You can easily create greeting cards, certificates, newsletters and other printed publications using the publisher. Microsoft Publisher is different from Microsoft word in that the emphasis is placed on page layout and design. This program is great for creating publications like the yearbook, advertisement or even a college. We can use publisher to create any kind of publication.
Creating a new publication with publishers design templates
Microsoft publisher offers you a different type of publication templates which is used to create an attractive design. Now click on one of the publication types, place on the left side of the main window. Go to list of the left side of the main window to view a list of templates that will walk you through the process of making basic design choice for your publications. These choices include color, schemes and font style.
- Creating a Calendar
You can easily create a calendar with the help of Microsoft Publishers so follow some steps mention below:-
- First of all, Open Microsoft publishers by the double clicking the icon on the desktop.
- Click on the calenders from the list on the left side of the main window. Now choose pre-designed templates for making the design.
- Now click on the Pre-designed templates that you like. A template will present on the right side of the page.
- If you want to default choices then you can choose from the Template design list. You can be customized them by clicking downward arrow to the right of a template design section and choose any of the option provided by clicking on it.
- Click on the Set Calendar Dates button and choose the period of time that you
- would like your calendar to cover.
- Click on Create at the bottom to create your calendar.
2.Customizing a Publication
You can customize a publication templates design. Each publication is composed different frames like text frames, picture frames, table frame and object frames.
For identity, the different frames click on the different areas of the calendar. Go to little circles on the corners and sides of the frame will present. It helps show which frame you have selected.
To move a picture frame
- Click on the picture.
- Click and drag the picture frame to the desired location, when your cursor turns into a four directional arrow.
You can move a text frame with the help of these steps:-
- Go to the text frame.
- Now, Rest your cursor near the border of the text frame. When your cursor turns into a four directional arrow, click and drag the text frame to the desired location.
You can easily resize a picture frame:-
- Click on the picture.
- Rest your cursor on a corner side.Click and drag picture bottom side at a diagonal to make it smaller and top at a diagonal to make it larger. you can handle to resize pictures using corner handles.
Now resize a text frame in Publisher
- Click on the text frame.
- Rest your cursor on one of the handles. Click and drag bottom or top to resize the text area, when your cursor turns into a line with arrows on the ends.
- Right click on the frame that you would like to delete.
- Select Delete Object from the list of choices.
- Click in a text frame.
- Begin typing.
- Click and drag the text you typed to select it for formatting changes.
- Use the Formatting Toolbar or click on Format -> Font to make changes.
Inserting Additional Text Frames
- Click on Text box from the Insert Menu
- Click and drag over an area of the publication.
- Type the text you want to appear.
Inserting Clip Art
If you want to change the picture in an existing picture frame, so you can follow the steps:-
- Right-click on the picture and select Delete Object.
- Click on Insert ->Picture -> Clip Art.
- A Clip Art search interface will open in the task pane.
- Enter a search term and press Go.
- You can choose to limit the search to a particular collection or a particular media
- Once you discover the desired clip art, click on it to insert it.
Notice that the clip art has a drop-down arrow next to it. If you click on the drop-down arrow other options present themselves. You can click on Find Similar Style for clip art of similar design. You can click on Preview/Properties to view the
original size of the clip art and what keywords were used to classify the picture.
- Saving Your Publication
There are two basic ways to save your publication. Point and click on the save icon on your toolbar
- Click on the File Menu and Save As.
- When the Save As Dialogue Box appears Click Browse and find the
- location on your computer where you would like the file saved.
- Now type the name of your publication in the File Name field.
- Go to the Save button
4.Printing your publication
There are two basic ways to print your publication first one click on the print icon on your toolbar. This will print one copy of your publication with the default print options. And another is mentioned below:-
- Click on the File Menu and click Print.
- Select the desired number of copies when the print window appears.
- Choose any other printing options you want.
- Click OK.
Contact Microsoft tech support number Get help and learn
Sometimes any technical problem comes in front of you while using Microsoft related software that time you need to support, we here 24*7 support you, our Microsoft customer service team help you. we have well-qualified professional, they will provide you best solution for your problem instant, contact Microsoft support number.