Google account provides its user with different services like Gmail, Google+, Google Docs, Google Drive and many more. But if you want to remove your Gmail Account or your email address, then it is easy, and you can do this without affecting other Google account services. If you have finally decided, then before deleting your Gmail account read the below points carefully and then go through the steps.
What you should do before deleting your Gmail Account
• You will lose your account and can’t use it anymore.
• You may not be able to use the 3rd party company’s website or app linked with your account.
• Deleting your account will wipe out all your emails, so make sure to take backup of all your emails.
• Erasing your Gmail account will not erase your Google Account.
• You can recover your Gmail account, but it is possible only within two days after deleting. Later, it is not possible to recover.
Steps for deleting a Gmail Account
1. Open a ‘Web Browser’ and type address myaccount.google.com into the search box.
2. Press ‘Enter’ to go to Google Account page.
3. Scroll down to the ‘Account Preferences‘ column. It is towards the right-hand side of your screen.
4. Click on ‘Delete your account or services’ under the Account preferences section.
5. Click on ‘Delete products’. You’ll view this option on the right side of your screen if you’re already signed in if not then you need to sign in first with your Gmail address and password.
6. Now, click on ‘Enter your Password’ and type your Gmail account password.
7. Then, click on blue colour ‘Next’ button just below it.
To take a Backup of your Gmail information
• Click on blue ‘DOWNLOAD DATA’ button at the top of the page.
• Now, go down and click on ‘NEXT’ button.
• Again scroll down and click on ‘CREATE ARCHIVE’. Doing this will send a message contains download link to your Gmail inbox. Wait for the message to arrive.
• Open the message and click on ‘Download link’.
• Use myaccount.google.com/deleteservices to continue the deletion process.
8. Now, click on ‘Delete icon’ in front of Gmail.
9. Type a ‘Non-Gmail Address’ (iCloud, Yahoo, Outlook) into the pop-up window. This will be used for other Google services such as Google Docs, Google Play, etc. linked with your account.
10. Click on ‘SEND VERIFICATION EMAIL’. This will send a verifying email to your entered non-Gmail address.
11. Now, open your ‘Non-Gmail account’ and check for the verification mail.
12. Open ‘Verification mail’. At the middle of the mail, you will see a deletion link.
13. Click on ‘Deletion link’. This link will open Google’s terms of deletion page.
14. Read the terms of deletion and then ‘Check the box’ to Agree with deletion of your Gmail account permanently.
15. Click blue ‘DELETE GMAIL’ button at the bottom of the page. Clicking on this button will delete your Gmail account permanently.
16. Click ‘Done’ on the next window to finish. Now your Gmail account will delete permanently but you can still access services like YouTube and other with your non-Gmail address.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles for Tekwire on Norton, Webroot, McAfee, Microsoft Office and many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience. To get in touch with the internet security service provider, just dial 8444796777.