If the iPhone speaker isn’t working well, then it can be annoying. Of course you have headphones for listening to the music. One of the most inconvenient issues is that you can’t hear the incoming calls, alerts tones for the text message and there are no notifications for the text messages, etc.
It isn’t tough to fix the issue. There can be more than one reason for iPhone not making any sound.
- Check the Ringer and the Volume
It is an undeniable thing. There is no harm in starting with the simplest thing. The reason behind no sound is that you have set your iOS smartphone to silent. There are three buttons to every iPhone. The mute/ringer switch along with two buttons of volume. Mute switch impairs all music for the commands and the notifications. Through the sound buttons, it controls overall device volume. Make the iPhone work again.
- Toggle the ringer switch.
- Flip it downwards or towards the backbone of the phone.
- The orange will appear in the switch.
- Try to raise the volume as high as possible.
- Check the Sound Settings
If the mute switch didn’t help then check software settings. It may happen that you have turned sounds off like the ringtones for the incoming calls.
- Open Settings.
- Choose Sound and Haptics.
- Look for settings there.
- These settings take care of the overall phone’s volume, even if the volume buttons are functional.
- Settings to be changed are: amplification slider, passing Switch with the Buttons slider to On.
- What if iPhone is stuck in the headphone mode?
iPhone can send audio output to a place. Maybe iPhone speakers are working well. The issue could be held in headphone mode. There can be a bug that is sending audio to headphones, even when they are not even plugged in.
- Turn off Bluetooth
The Speaker cant makes any sound if any audio file is being transferred of iPhone to the added gadget. Users can’t hear any noise because iPhone isn’t sending audio to another speaker. Users can listen to some audio playing from Bluetooth speaker. It is a straightforward step. Turn the ‘Bluetooth’ off; it will break the connection to the speaker. The audio will start playing via the iPhone speaker.
If you want to turn it off then,
- Click Setting.
- Go to Bluetooth.
- Toggle Bluetooth slider to Off.
- Check the Audio Output Settings
Maybe the users are connected to an outside speaker through AirPlay without knowing it.
- Go to the Control Center.
- Click the uppermost top edge of music playback.
- Tap AirPlay icon in the top right.
- Click iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone
If nothing is working, then just give it a restart. This would not solve all the issues. It is easy and quick. Restarting will solve many problems at once. There can be any software glitch. Resetting will clear out the glitch.
- Update Operating System of iPhone
Just like restarting an iPhone may sole many issues similarly but quite differently. With new features, Operating system brings all sorts of bug fixes. Maybe iPhone speaker isn’t working because of the bug that is there in the present version. It can help a lot. Updates are straightforward and quick and worth giving a try.
Raven Cross born and raised in orlando, Florida. He was a bookwriter before shifting to news writing for different print media and ultimately became a freelance blog writer. He mostly writes about software products such as office.com/setup and security, artificial intelligence and robotics.