For centuries marble has always been a trusted material for construction especially for floors and window sills. The type of marble used for construction will differ on whether it is for residential or commercial applications. Marble is used for countertops, fireplaces, wall covers, exterior facades and flooring. However, window sills are the most common and the most favored application for marble. Another favored used is within the bathroom, along bath tub decks, showers and flooring. There are marble that are finished to give them a finer look, however you should always know that marble is not applicable in certain areas within the home.
The most common today is tumbled marble.
These are marble tiles that are manufactured or rather process to get a finished look. They are known as tumbled marble. The process leads to a marble with rounded or slightly chipped edges resulting to an elegant antiqued appearance. These types of marble have increase in popularity will more demand for a Marble Window Sills Wholesaler due to there increase usage on windows sills. They offer a wide variety of sizes, colors, designs and shapes, hence making them viable to be used just like any other tile.
How to maintain marble
Constant cleaning and maintenance will ensure the durability of your marble tiles or rather windows sills. This may eliminate some of the problems associated with marble tiles. You need to keep these in mind.
- Never use marble or rather tumbled marble in areas that experience high traffic.
- Honed marbles are more preferred for living and dining rooms due to their resistance to scratches.
- Constantly change cleaning water during your cleaning process.
- Ensure you perform daily or routine cleaning
- Wipe any spill on the marble top immediately
- When polishing always use cleaning mops or brooms
- Avoid old vacuum cleaners as they can scratch the floor.
- Use clean warm water when cleaning
- Always use mats and trivets when placing hot objects on the marble top
Marble is famous for its ability to bring a cooling effect to walking surfaces especially in area with hot and humid climate. This is because marble has the ability to retain the cold temperatures from its surroundings. On top of that, marble tiles and marble window sills do not require a lot of cleaning due to the fact that they are resistant to any type of moisture and possess a natural brightness. That why you need to get the marble window sills form your nearest Marble Window Sills Wholesale and enjoy the low maintenance.
Drawbacks of Marble tile.