Learn about Microsoft office 365
Office 365 refers to the subscription plans that include desktop version of the latest Office applications which users can install across multiple computers and devices plus other productivity services that are enabled by the cloud service.
Cloud service is provided by Microsoft and eliminates IT maintenance task of a company such as patching and infrastructure support cost. Many types of installed application include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, publishers, and access.
The ability to access office 365 offering use any device anywhere with an internet connection and Microsoft support. Microsoft Office 365 launched offer service for business users they can use for email and social networking services through the hosted version of exchange server and second one Skype for Business server SharePoint and office online integration with Yammer.
How to activate your Microsoft office 365 on a PC or MAC
You want to get started with Microsoft office 365 online, so before start it, you need to activate your account. the activation consists of three steps like as you have to enter your contact and domain information, you need to register the administrator information and you are required to confirm that the summary of the data you entered is correct in order to fulfill the procedure.
- Click on Products in the top menu.
- Select the domain through the radio buttons, in case you have more than one.
- Click Start using Microsoft Office 365.
- Enter your information on the company contact. This includes the name, the surname, complete address, telephone and e-mail address, as well as the company name.
- Enter the Initial domain for Office 365, for example, portal.
- Now Click Next.
- In the second step establish whether the user will have administrative rights by clicking on the button next to Is administrator.
- Enter the username of the administrator. Remember this will be the name you are going to use to log into Microsoft Office 365 as well as the first e-mail account created for Microsoft Office 365.
- Register the complete name and the display name of the administrator, as well as the location the services are going to be used in.
- Click Next.
- In the last step of this process check that all of the data entered is correct and click Finish in order to start the activation of the service.
Office 365 Productivity Advantage
Consider Microsoft Office 365 products as a door that is open to organizations of all sizes to take advantage of enterprise-caliber productivity applications, social computing, and unified communications.
- Productivity on the go with office 365
you now have access to e-mail, documents, contacts, and calendars on almost any device at any time from anywhere with Office 365. Whether your platform is on a Mac operating system or a Personal computer, rich desktop Office applications that come with Office Professional and in the Enterprise plans provide you Ribbon interface with a familiar that cancel the need to master new stuff.
- Enhance collaboration with office 365
SharePoint Online allows you to create, collaborate, and share large, hard-to-e-mail files in a password-protected portal with team members within or outside your organization. You can co-author documents with colleagues and simultaneously edit documents online to see real-time updates of the changes being made by your co-authors.
- Instant messaging with presence with office 365
Presence information in Lync shortens the time it takes to connect with colleagues, partners, and customers. The rich presence indicator gives you real-time status of someone’s availability. If you see someone in green, you can immediately start instant messaging or make PC-to-PC voice and video calls.
Following Some Features, you should be using in Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 provides various online productivity tools and web apps for communications service.Let’s talk about some features you should be using in Microsoft office 365.
- Real-time co-authoring
- Chat with co-workers in office apps
- Inserting links to stored files instead of sending entire files to co-workers
- Turning OneNote items into Outlook calendar events
- For better PowerPoint presentation you can use your mouse as a laser pointer
- Available new feature in Excel like turning data into a map
- Editing and converting to PDF made easy
- Resume Reading your Word documents
- 50GB of email storage
- Retrieving the right version of a document
- Reply in-line to email without opening it
- Working offline and uploading changes later
- Working anywhere from any device
- Office 365 Planner to help organize your team’s workflow
- Intelligent email inbox that can de-clutter itself
What are the Problems with Microsoft Office 365
- Cloud branding is a bit overhyped.
Microsoft office 365 has been forward this solution for a cloud offering. Hosted Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Lync are also problem-based on cloud service. They would not actually provide you the freedom from all hardware that a true full cloud solution will. For that, you will need to look into Microsoft Azure, their enterprise-level cloud computing solution.
- Support is inconsistent.
When something goes wrong with any of these services, you might not be able to get your problem resolved for quite some time. Just last month, we were given a 30-day time frame for resolution of a licensing issue (with weekly check-ins) for a global nonprofit client of ours.
- Training is additional.
When it comes down to it, Microsoft’s main focus is selling products. They don’t provide training on their products themselves but instead work through third-party providers. This doesn’t mean it will be very difficult for you to secure any sort of guidance for your staff, but it does mean that you’ll have to invest additional funds in paying an outside provider.
- File sharing strategy is confusing.
There are two different components that store your files like OneDrive and SharePoint. Both have unique functions, but they can be difficult to differentiate in practice. Take a look at this guide and you will see what we mean, there is a lot of gray areas here.
we know several clients who have been so unhappy with SharePoint’s functionality that they decided to use OneDrive completely. While they made this platform work, its security is more consumer grade, and not what we like to see in a corporate environment.
- Search functionality is limited.
Search capabilities in Microsoft Office 365 are directly related to your subscription level. You want to get any advanced query functionality related to office, Firstly you have to be signed up for one of the high-level packages. Again this probably would not be a deal breaker for you, but we have seen users become upset by the limited capabilities if they subscribe to one of the lower level packages.