- When the scuffle breaks out get involved. Move to where the children are. Remember, one of the top reasons siblings fight is to gain your attention; children seem to work on the basis that even negative attention is better than nothing. Be there.
- Stay calm. Don’t respond in a panic, this is not an emergency – it’s normal. Take a few deep breaths and pause.
- Stay neutral. Offer support and empathy to everyone involved. Don’t take sides.
- Dissect the problem. “It sounds like you guys need help to solve this problem.” Hear out each child’s perspective and restate their requests to show you understand them.
- Brainstorm together. Talk about how to solve the problem in a way that works for everyone. Give suggestions, or let them come up with their own.
- Offer more support. Sometimes one child will be struggling more than the other. Offer them more empathy and encouragement, or help them find another activity.
Or, they may just need a little more time with you.
If you feel that you need a quality Mt Wellington child day care to support your child’s great start in life, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call 573 5049. Check out Lightbulb Learning Childcare Facebook Page
Article Source: PDHQ