There are a lot of chances that the Windows 10 does not listen to the voice of the microphone for plenty of reasons. Generally, in every system, microphone troubleshooting plays a significant role.
Read this blog to make your microphone start working again like earlier.
- Observe that the microphone is not disabled in any of the ways
The Windows 10 user can have a laptop with an inbuilt microphone. It can be possible to deactivate it with the help of the system’s Device Manager. Earlier, if by mistake the user has disabled it then without being a bit late the user must activate it now.
- Download or update the audio drivers
Windows 10 does the installation and update of the system by itself most of the time. It works alright, but exceptions do exist.
If the user faces issues with the voice, then they need to visit the computer maker’s website and need to download the newest sound related drivers present for the system. Updating the drivers will positively solve out issue most probably.
- If by chance the user is facing a problem with a USB microphone, then also check out installing the newest USB managing drivers from the system’s making website.
- The physical connection should be seen properly
If the user does not be able to listen sound from the microphone, then the user should properly see whether their microphone is appropriately connected to their system or not.
- It can be loosely connected so in such cases, after taking it out, connect it properly.
- Make it sure that the microphone is connected to the right audio jack of the system. For that before connecting the microphone on your system always try to see the microphone symbol to be in safe side. Generally, the logo is made up of dull colour only.
- It can also be possible that the microphone’s mute switch is activated. So whenever the microphone doesn’t work, always check out the mute switches. If switched on then switch it off.
If the microphone doesn’t work even after following the above steps
If the issue of non-working of microphone is still not solved, then there are chances that some default is present in the hardware itself. Check out your microphone in other systems like connecting to the system of your friends. Sadly, if still microphone even doesn’t work on another system, then hardware of your microphone can have been damaged.
Hope this blog would have been useful.https://arontech416183865.wordpress.com/2019/01/11/top-3-way-for-fixing-a-non-working-microphone-in-windows-10/