Having a strong sales strategy is the base of your startup. So, take the time to plan and prepare yourself and your team to get the success. Besides from a well-equipped team, developing an effective sales strategy also involves the engagement with your customers to better understand their needs.
With a well-organized sales strategy, you will also be able to understand the risks, your weak points, and problems before they become too hard to deal with. Focus on the tactics that motivate people to buy your product or service. Here are the top 5 proven sales strategies developed by Dr. Rochak Badhwar (Chiropractor) for a startup:
- Define your target market: It is very important to define your target market for your sales success because doing business with everyone is very difficult at the starting. You need to focus on a specific market to develop your business. After that, create a list of the defined markets. The list should be large enough to grab the more business opportunities.
- Do outreach for your customers: Once you have defined your target market and created a list, start doing outreach for your customers through your network. This involves emailing, calling and exploring your social media contacts.
- Be flexible during sales conversations: During your sales conversation, you are going to meet the new challenges and build a relationship with your customer. Always remember your customer doesn’t have trust in you and you have to gain their trust that needs flexibility. You need to negotiate also if the customer asks for it to sell your product or service and keep the deal alive.
- Deliver and build: Focus on the quality and client’s requirements. Deliver the exact product or service that fulfills your customer’s needs and build a good relationship. Reward them, so they can stay with you and use your other product and services. The sales process doesn’t end with the sale.
- Monitor your plan: This is the most important part of any sales strategy. Keep tracking how well your plan is working. Compare the sales stats of the current month with the previous one and determine if you reach your monthly goals or your sales strategy needs to be improved. Analyze the weak points of your plan and improve them.