The combination of sales and marketing is very necessary for a business growth and its success. Sales include the one-on-one interaction with potential customers through different communication media like email, phone calls, networking, and meetings.
On the other hand, marketing is the process of bringing your business in front of the customer through various techniques. The marketing includes television or radio commercials, public relations, direct mail campaigns, online advertising, search engine marketing etc.
It is very difficult to understand all the nuances of sales and marketing, especially if you are not the professional salesperson. Don’t worry, following top 5 sales and marketing tips offered by Dr. Rochak Badhwar can help you to generate more sales and grow your business:
- Market research: Research the market and understand the industry and customer’s needs. Your first goal should be attracting the customers and make them aware of your business. Then focus on selling your products and services.
- Sell the value, not a comparison: Determine how your product or service, effective and beneficial to the customers. Give the customers a sufficient reason to spend their money with your business. Don’t do marketing of your products or service in comparison of your competitors. Just focus on selling the value, not the competition.
- Communicate with your customer: Never make assumptions what is going in the market and what the customers want. It may lead to you creating irrelevant products. Engage with your customers on social media, forums and other places. Communicate with them openly, understand their needs and provide the exact product or service they want.
- Start Marketing before the product is ready: Big mistake business owners do is to wait until the product is ready to start marketing. If you don’t have anything to give your customers at the moment but you know your product or service will provide a great value to them. You can start telling about your offer to your potential customers and aware them about your product or service.
- Reward your existing customers: Treat your customers in the right way and reward them for their loyalty. If they are satisfied and happy with your product or service, they will also recommend you to their family and friends also. Provide your existing customers with special discounts and offers to make them feel special.